Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year at Bonita Elementary! We had a great first day of school and are honored to be educating your children. We want to encourage open communication with all families. We are here to serve our students and families, so please let us know if you have any questions.
- As I mentioned last Spring, Bonita was honored as a California 2015 Honor School. This is a wonderful honor for our students and staff and rewards them for their hard work.
- All students in 1st through 5th grades will have a Chromebook assigned to them for daily use. Our Kindergarten students will have access to iPads.
- Our second grade classroom has new furniture that will promote collaboration and technology integration daily.
- The Bonita IMC will be redesigned with new furniture and learning spaces that will provide students a space for creating, building, reading, collaborating.
- This year Mrs. Caton will have a new role at Bonita. She will continue as the Bonita Lead Teacher assisting me in the day to day running of the school. She will also be a District Instructional Coach assigned to assisting teachers in the district which includes our 4th grade teacher at Bonita, Mrs. Shilshtut (Mrs. S). Her office/classroom will be at Bonita and we will work closely together to ensure that Bonita continues to run smoothly
- We will also have our own Health Clerk daily through lunch time.
- All teachers will set up their own website that will provide important classroom information.
- Bonita teachers will use Class Dojo to communicate with parents on a weekly basis so that you have a window into your child’s classroom.
HOME OF THE BOBCATS!